Friday, November 14, 2008

search for frenship

It all started on 30th April, when aunt D attended my youngest bro wedding, and when i saw her usual smiling and pretty face, which never ages, and our conversation went something like :
me : wow, aunt ! You seem the same as always :D”
aunt : hahaha...(my name here), you are getting better at sweet talking....so, when's your turn (to get married)?
Me : haha...dunno yet..dun even have a gf yet ! Hehe...
aunt : (eyes big) really?
Me : ya,..come aunt, let me show you to your seat....

and about few months later, mom told me that aunt D called, and wanted to intro her niece to me...to which i say i'm ok.

As i went to the lunch (match making ) set up, i was thinking to myself...hmm...another gal who is weird enuff that no one wants...or too proud to accept anyone....but then again, she might be thinking that she's meeting some f***ed up old , ugly, lazy, good fer notin poor ass....sigh..so, i just have the intention as always...to meet a new friend :-)

and boy was i glad i attended !

The moment the gal walked in....she's with a kid..and i tot she's aunt D's daugther in law.
And she looked surprised to see me...later only i realised she's not let in to this..and apparently she didnt like it, not a bit. Hehe...
But after everyone sat down...i realised that she's THE girl. Pretty !
Ok, the pretty side apart, what bowled me over was that she's kind to everyone around, picking vege for her mom, aunt D, and even my mom ! And i dont even do that for my mom ! Feeling embarassed, i shyly picked some vege for mum, so artificial , hahaha...

well, during lunch was too shy to talk to her, only gathered that she's an active gal who likes to travel. And i was wondering why she had make up for a family lunch, only to realised thru her blog later that she had a party last night, and didnt have the time to remove the make up. Well, that solves the mystery.

After lunch, passed her my card, and asked her to sms my number. Didnt force to get her number, cos dun want to force her to do things which she dont like. Maybe i'm just too lousy to be considered as a fren, haha....

waited the whole nite but no sms for her. Well, not waited beside the phone, but had a few gatherings, and came home dead tired.

The next day, mom smsed me her number. Apparently she got it from aunt D as backup, in case the gal didnt sms me. But its not my style to prey on people like that. I mean, if they dun wanna gimme their number, i gotta accept it, right? Hehe...

that nite, i planned to search for her in internet. Keyed in her name in google, facebook and friendster, with only facebook with 192 results. Filtered thru them, saw the last entry was my pimary school year 199x, and was about to gave up when i remembered she told me she graduated from primary in 199x.
So, clicked on the thing, and was pleasantly surprised to see her name. So, sifted thru her frens, some who also happens to be my secondary school frens, and cursed at their long list of frens(100 to 600+), scanned thru them, and end up.... nothing.

So, decided to gave up, close the google window, and the yahoo window pop up as usual. Then i tot, heck, why not try yahoo? And keyed in her name(the correct spelling, cos i imagined the wrong spelling), and a blog with her exact name turned up....
and i tot..could it be?
Clicked on the blog..and was surprised to see a lot of travels and adventures by this gal...maybe could be her....too tired, and slept.

Woke up next morning, and was surprised to see that the blog mentioned about a family matchmaking date, and i knew its her, haha....
man, it feels weird to be mentioned in a blog, haha...my first time really, haha...

well, she mentioned that she hates this kinds of things, and at least she could have removed her make up, and eyes rolled when family members talked about a “family trip” to kuala selangor haha....
well, thanked her for saying something like : -
at least the bloke looked decent, with a nice shirt, and as for the card..i...er...misplaced it....
to which i replied :
haha...its ok to misplaced my card, i just wanna be friends with you nia :-)
and thanks for your kind comments on my shirt, cos its the only nice shirt i got ! :-)
man, it sounds so absurd to mentioned going to some normal place, when you've been around so much !
And finally, sorry for the intrusion in your blog, but i just wanna say hi :-)

and this morning during work, an sms came in, stating that she found my card. Haha. Thanked her, and told her that i enjoyed her blog, and hope she will keep it going. No reply from her.

Came back, checked on her blog, and no comments to my comments either. So, will continue to read her interesting blogs :-)

sigh...finished :-)

No comments: