Wednesday, November 12, 2008

mama mia

Had a fun time watching the movie “Mama Mia”, and laughed, and nearly cried.

The songs are all so lovely written, and the script just tie in with the lyrics and the mood of the song, eg “money, money, money” - to complain not enuff $$, , “chiquitita” while meryl streep was crying, “dancing queen” - to cheer her up, and the others.

Meryl streep and her doter sang nicely with their siren voices, but pierce brosnan croaked like a toad. I think i can do better than him. Just that he's more macho, handsome looking, mature, stylish, etc..than me.

The 3 good frens reminded me of 3 good frens in sg, namely streep for sn, tall aunty for jf, and the cute and funny short aunty of ml.

I wanted to learn the song “our last summer” to make gals swoon, and will polish my guitar skills, when i'm free....

“slipping thru my fingers” nearly made me cry, as streep dresses her doter up, to give her away on her wedding....can feel the devotion she has for her doter, and the feeling that whatever she do is always not enuff, and her doter is now fully grown up, and has a mind of her own, which she will never fully understand. Though reluctant, she will have to let go of her doter, as she always wants the best for her, which is for her to do what she wants, to pursue her dreams.

The ending is also a nice surprise. All in, a superb movie :-D

No comments: