Wednesday, November 12, 2008

case 2 part 3

Part 3 – Lydia

The police lockup reeked of overnight faeces's stench, and i braced myself and held my breath before walking in.

“Anything i can help you, tuan?” a constable blocked my entrance.
“Ah, selamat pagi, tuan, i'm Anjing Besar James punya kawan, nak jumpa cik Lydia...” i explained.
“Oh, like that lar, come on in.”and he led me in, and sat me before leading Lydia out to meet me in the lockup room, bare except for a long table and 2 chairs.

Lydia looked haggard for a blonde of her age. The tears on her face have not dried up, leaving streaks along her pretty cheek. Her big blue eyes seemed so innocent, and oh, so so pitiful. I cleared my mind, and remembered Detective handbook rule #3 : No emotions.

“Miss Lydia,” i began as she sat opposite me.
“Y-yes?” she stammered.
“Tell me something about Equagesic.”i went straight to the point.
“Oh...it's used by Brulee as a treatment for his anxiety and stress.” she began. “As an actor, he faces lots of stress, from all sides. Director, producer, fans, even his girlfriend Michelle. That's why sometimes he meets me up, to confide his problems to me.”
“Your relation to him..?”i queried as she paused.
“Oh...we're good friends since university days. He would teach me kung-fu, and we would talk about philosophy, the course we're doing at that time. That was before he met Michelle during one of her yoga classes, and won her heart with his Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon moves.”

After some more note taking, i left and picked up my phone to dial a number.

To be continued....

No comments: