Sunday, November 16, 2008

case 3 part 6

Part 6 – Rachel

A teary, red-eyed girl opened the door for me. “Big Dog” James told me she's 19, and she sure looks like one. Why did bad people always have sweet young girls as girlfriends? And old and balding (censored) such as me have to play online games everynight to pass the time? Anyway, back to the case at hand.

I managed to walk in decently, while trying to look at where i was seating, and prying my eyes from her lithe body in sleeveless T and knee length jeans with some difficulty.
“Rachel, i know this is difficult, but i'm here to help.” i soothed her down.
“Mmm...ya, i k-know...but...its so sudden.....sob..sob...”i wanted to lend her my shoulders, but figured it'll be too bony for her, and remain seated.
“Relax, you gotta calm down, and try to think if there's any info you can give me, so that i can find the murderer...”i calmed her again.
“Hmm...ya...sniff..sniff...” she collected herself. “I only remembered softie telling me that Kathy was ex-girlfriend of Faye Lou, and Faye was mad when Kathy broke up with him to be with softie...”
“Wait..who's softie?” i asked.
“Oh....its a nick i used for Asai...”she started to cry again.
“Ok, Noted. 1 last question, what do you know about the cape of Mr. Kan?” i prodded.
“ W-what?...T-t-that, i, i know no-nothing about it...” she stared at me wide eyed.
“Ok, that's all for now. Let me know if there are any further thing you can recall. Take care.”

Lying on the sofa after take away dinner, i sorted my notes, and listened to some sentimental songs on the radio before dozing off with the weather report in the background...

“Weather forecast : Typhoon Susah closing in, Strong easternly winds to continue for the next few days, sunny weather over ang mo kio, cloudy in birmingham, thunderstorm in melb, heavy rain expected in teluk pulai,......”

ZZZZzzzz.......zzzzz......zzz...

to be continued....

No comments: