Sunday, May 24, 2009

Part 4 – Closing In

Back at the hotel, Eve collected the name cards of Donko and Marco before packing it carefully into an envelope.
“What are you doing? “ I asked. “We may need it for our further information and action.”
“I am going to courier this back to Gordy, and see if he can find out further scents.” She gave me a smile.
Oh, of course ! Why haven’t I think of it ? Surely Gordy will pick out more clues than I can in this case !
“Good thinking…” I smiled sheepishly.
“Haha…no worries, you just have to work harder, and you’ll catch up with Gordy…” Eve encouraged.
“Haha…I hope so too…” I gave a weak smile
We decided to trail the 2 suspects, while waiting for a reply from Gordy, before making our next move.


Few days later, while trailing and getting no further developments, I was leaning against a wall, biting on my toothpick after lunch, and feeling like having a siesta, when Eve called.
“Sticky ! Come over quick !” She said excitedly.
“News from Gordy? “ I asked as I made my way towards her surveillance place.
“Ya, Gordy responded to Marco’s name card ! And right now Marco’s moving suspiciously out of his house. Move it, the game’s afoot !”
“Right on !” and I rushed over.


To be continued…

No comments: