Monday, May 11, 2009

case 5 - part 5

Part 5 – Poker bishop

Walking onwards, I reached a ravine, with a hanging rope bridge spanning across. I gulped as I looked downwards, and felt dizzy and nauseous. Holding the anchor stump to steady myself, I began to cross the swaying bridge step by step, gripping tightly on the rope railings.

“Kekeke….” A sinister laughter echoed around. “Afraid of a little height, are we?”
“S-shut up, you p-poker face, “ I tried to control my wavering voice.
“Haha…you cant even speak straight, now prepare to drop down !” Poker Bishop appeared at the far end, and drew out his pack of cards. Fanning them open, he prepared for his deadly attack – Rampage Cards (牌行无阻).
I knelt down, and drew out a needle on a string for my defence.
“Don’t make even my toes laugh !” he cackled. “How are you gonna stand against me with that tiny needle? Hahaha….” With that, the cards flew at me with their razor sharp edges, intending to sever off the ropes, and send me falling down.
“Kiyaaah !” I flicked the needle about with my right hand in superb precision, piercing thru and stringing all the cards together, with my special technique - Tweedle Needle (穿针引线).
“W-what? “ Poker Bishop cried out in stunned amazement.
“I’m call Sticky by Sifu cos I’m experts in all stick techniques, big and small, and that includes a needle !” I shouted across.
“I see…” with that, he slumped down unconscious, with a spot of blood trickling from his forehead between his eyes, with the acupuncture needle ( which I threw out during the confusion earlier with my left hand) hitting smack right at his pressure point of Unconscious.

Heaving a sigh of relief, I took my time to cross over the swinging bridge, taking one slow step at a time. Reaching the opposite side, I tightened my belt, and wipe my perspiration off my face with my handkerchief, and braced myself to meet Eldest Sister (大师姐), the Night Queen (夜皇后).

To be continued….

No comments: