Sunday, May 24, 2009

Part 2 – New case

“Tweet – tweet, tweet – tweet,” the handphone rang and vibrated.
“Mmmm….” Mumbling into my pillow, I took it.
“Halo?” I croaked drily.
“Still sleeping ah, lazy bum?” a voice asked. “WAKE UP !!!” it yelled suddenly, and sent my ear drums ringing.”
“Man….what’s the meaning of all this?” I groaned as I struggled up from the mattress.

“Wassap?” I croaked grogily.
“Big trouble ! Yvonne’s been kidnapped ! Come over to her place now !!” Eve cried excitedly.
“Wha ? Ok, hang on there, I’m on my way now !” and I clambered from my mattress, and rushed over, driving as fast as the beat up Iswara allowed.

Yvonne’s place was in a mess, ransacked everywhere, as if a tornado just hit. Eve was holding a stalk of lavender, and staring at it with a puzzled look.
“What happened?” I asked as I try not to step on any thing on the floor.
“I just wanted to drop by and say hi, and found the door unlocked, and came in to this,” Eve explained. “and found this. “ and handed over the lavender to me.
“What do you make of it?” as I’m not good at flowers, I must admit I cant do much, or have any idea where to start.
“Let’s bring this to Gordy, and see what he can tell us.” Eve suggested, and we proceeded to Eve’s place.

Laying the lavender in front of Gordy, Eve also put different species of the flower in a row. Gordy sniffed at the evidence gingerly, registering the peculiar smell, and moving on to identify the same specie among the flowers.
“Woof ! Woof !” Gordy yelped excitedly as he found the matching pair.
“Good boy ! I know you can be trusted !” Eve hugged and kissed Gordy.
Yup, I always knew that golden retrievers are smart, maybe even smarter than me.

As the specie turns out to be a unique one from Italy, I called Lilliane to arrange for the trip with her Italian connections, and prepared to follow the trail to its source.
“Are you prepared to go to Italy?” I asked Eve.
“I will go anywhere to save Yvonne !” was her energetic reply.


To be continued…

No comments: