Sunday, May 24, 2009

Part 1 – The return

The setting sun sparkled majestically in the distance, warming up the landscape of the horizon. The clouds looked like white knights on horses, jostling and fighting for the hand of the fair maiden. Gazing dreamily, Lilliane stirred her cup of cappuccino, and conjured thoughts private to herself, while the background saxophone of Kenny G’s “Silhouette” played softly. The Medallion Club is always her favourite place to relax and unwind, and to meet up friends over a cup of drink.

“My apologies, sweetie,” a voice came up from the stairs,” sorry to keep you waiting.”
Snapped from her day dreaming, Lilliane looked up and saw a familiar figure smiling before her.
“Sticky !” she cried out in surprise .”What took you so long? You’re never on time !” she feigned anger.
“Ah-hahaha…” I laughed. “ Just back from visiting Sifu. So, how’s things?” and sat opposite her.
“Well, I managed to finish lots of books without your constant disturbance,” she jested jovially , “and how’s things with you? Quite a surprise to receive that message from you…”
“Oh well, I fell from the cliff after the duel with Black Don, and was lucky to escaped unhurt save for a few minor bruises and a broken front tooth.” I explained. “ and I decided to take a break, and lay low for a while…”
“Hmm…anyway, glad that you are back safely. Oh my, I gotta go, gotta meet my friend yoyo for dinner. Ciao.” She glanced at her watch, and left hurriedly.
“Right. Enjoy, and see ya.” I bid her goodbye as she trotted down the stairs.

Once again, I’m left alone at the table, sipping my cup of coffee, as the fan creaked along.

To be continued….but alas, no more ideas ! Am writing a short story about kung fu fighting though ;-P

No comments: