Sunday, March 22, 2009

case 4 - part 9 (end)

Part 9 – End

“Hands high up, and no tricks, else the boy gets it!” the voice shouted.
I held up my hands high, and emerged from my hiding place.

A stout man with a clown face was standing on top a container, pointing what seemed like a toy gun at me. His fake red nose looked ridiculous on his white face, and bright big red lips. I had to suppressed a laughter, and his oversized shoes and baggy shorts with straps didn’t help much either.

“You can laugh now, but mind you, Explosive Jack will have the last laugh ! Hiahahaha…” he laughed crazily again.
“Jack, where’s the kid? I’ll ask Black Don to spare you if you return the kid safely to me.” I bargained.
“I can take care of myself, haha….and as for the Jack in the box, good luck finding him before..Poof ! hahaha….”he laughed, jumped from the container, and disappeared from sight.

That clown ! I cursed and started to ran around the building, looking for a box. Puffing at top floor, I saw crates of wooden boxes. Which one?
No time liao ! my mind screamed, as I transferred energy to my fists and legs, and started to punch and kick the boxes open in record time.
“Crash ! Crash !” the boxes cracked open one by one, but lil Bruce is still nowhere to be seen.
“Hiiieeeyaaah !” I punched into one of the wooden boxes, and was rewarded with a muffled and tied up boy inside. It’s little Bruce !
Grabbing him, I ran and jumped off from the ledge, and did a sommersault, landing with a sprain on my ankle. Nothing more to ask for from a 3 storey jump.

Limping, I carried Bruce in my chest, and race towards some shelter.
“Ka Boooom !” the whole place went up in smokes, and the remnant explosive force pushed me forward, tripping me.
Shielding Bruce in my arms, I rolled on the ground a few times, before taking cover behind a barrel. Looking down at him, I was relieved to find his bright eyes staring innocently back.
“Its ok, kiddo, you’re safe now.” I patted his silky hair and comforted him.
“Wheew Oo, Wheew Oo”, the police sirens signaled the arrival of James and his men. Man, why do they always appear after all the actions? These potatoes are so inefficient !
“Why don’t you come later? And we can have tea together?” I shouted my curses to James over the din. “I gotta return the boy to his mother. Catch you all next time.” And I made my move, leaving them to clean up the mess.

Later that night, when I was rubbing ointment on my sprained ankle, the phone rang again.
“Congratulations, Mr. Sticky.” said the sweet voice. “For your information, we have taken Explosive Jack into “safe” custody.” “Click”.
Why do mafia boss doesn’t let me have a chance to talk back? If they want people to listen only, why cant they just email or sms me? Man !




Coming up next : Case #5 – Clean up, hehe... :D

No comments: