Sunday, March 22, 2009

case 4 - part 7

Part 7 – Black Don

The posh office is stylishly decorated. Italian marble floors, white washed walls, paintings by long dead and contemporary artists, oak panel cabinets, plush sofas, this place stinks of laundered money.

At the far corner, tucked in a black leather chair behind his wide table, sits Black Don. He looks calm in his black tuxedo and sunshades. I stormed towards the mafia boss.

“What brings you here today, Mr. Sticky? “ he drawled in his smooth voice.
“Save your sweet talk, Black Don. Release the boy, he’s innocent.” I hammered at him.
“What are you talking about?” he continued in his sweet calm voice.
“This.” And I tossed the black glove on his table.
“What’s this?” he picked it up, and peered over his sunshades with his steely blue eyes.
“It belongs to your association, no?” I shot back.
“Ah, it seems we have a misunderstanding here.” He replied after studying it for a moment and tossed it back to me. “It belongs to our EX member, Explosive Jack, who went cuckoo recently, and was expelled from our club.”
“Where can I find him?” I pressed.
“Beats me, we’re also looking for him.” He shrugged his broad shoulders. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m busy, and have much to do.” “Teet” with a press of a hidden button, the floor beneath me opened up, and I was flung down.
“What the …?!” I only managed to utter before falling straight down.

“Whooosh”, luckily, I fell on a stack of hay, and was unhurt. Guess I have to do some detective stuff on my own now.

To be continued….

No comments: