Sunday, March 22, 2009

case 4 - part 5

Part 5 – Texas Poker

The VIP room upstairs is meant for wealthy patrons who can afford to gamble away more than 200,000 pounds per session. Minimum bet is 100 pounds, way over my monthly food expenses. The poker table is ready, with the cards spread out, faced down. The croupier looked suave with his center parting hair, rimless specs. He is decked in a bishop’s costume, black cloak with red lining, complete with rosary beads. I walked across the carpeted floor towards him.

“Yi si heng (2nd elder brother, 二师兄), bit1 lei3 mou3 yong2 (别来无恙,how are you, )?” I asked Poker Bishop (扑克二).
“Hmmph ! No need to play polite, I’ll still throw you out of the window if you lose !” he snapped.
I sat down, and peeked at my pair of cards, as he began to deal the 5 cards on the table.

The first 3 cards were Ace of spades, King of diamond, and Seven of diamond. His eyes lighted up, and if I’m not mistaken, he’s got a pair of Aces, making his hand to be 3 Aces, much higher than my hand.
“Get ready to lose , kekeke…” He smiled sinisterly as he noticed my drooped eyes, and dealt out the last 2 cards.
Its King of spades, and Queen of diamond.
“Hahaha…I’ve got Full Lou Ace, (Full house) Aces full of kings (3 Aces and 2 Kings) !” he showed off and gloated at me. “Show me what you’ve got, you loser !”
I flipped open my cards, and stared at his surprised look.
“ No ! It cant be ! “ he gasped in his bewildered voice.
“Yes, it is. I’ve got 4 of a kind, 4 kings, and you lose.” I opened my pair of Kings, and made my leave.

I braced myself as I headed up, ready to meet the #1 Heaven King, as my footsteps echoed in the empty stairway.

To be continued….

No comments: