Sunday, March 22, 2009

case 4 - part 6

Part 6 – #1 Heaven King

The 2nd top most room is the martial arts room, with all sorts of weapon lining up both sides. I walked along the rows of maces, spears, big swords towards the end of the room. A table honoring the deity Guan Yu stood massively there, and in front of it, there’s a small wooden square table, with a lady having her lunch of porridge and kailan.

“Dai Si Je (Eldest sister, 大师姐)”, I clasped my right fist in my left palm, and saluted her.
“Oh, its lil Sticky. Come, have some lunch with me.” She lifted her face to show her pupiless eyes, blinded since birth.
“Yes, Dai Si Je.” I answered politely, and sat down gingerly on the wooden bench opposite her, the infamous Night Queen (夜皇后), #1 Heaven King of Black Glove gang.
“Finish your kailan, and get going.” She snapped impatiently.
“Hai(yes), Dai Si Je…” and I grabbed the chopsticks, and banged the table with my left fist.
“Wham !” , “Floosh !” the plate and its kailan contents flew up as I maneuver my chopstick to grab one of the vege.
“Clack ! Clack!” Not so fast, she blocked my chopstick with hers, and the plate dropped back down. “Clang…..ang..ang..” and wobbled a bit before settling down firmly again.

This called for dired actions. I traced my chopsticks in a figure of 8, and concentrated hard. Moving painfully slow, I inched my chopsticks forward.
She cocked her head to one side, trying to hear my movements, but I took great care not to break the air with my chopstick, and inched further. Sweat started to broke out, but I persevered.
After what seemed like an eternity, I managed to reach a kailan, and clamped on it softly, then retraced my movements back towards my mouth.
Another eternity elapsed, before I was finally able to push the vege into my mouth.

“So, sifu had taught you well in his Tai Chi Chopsticks (太极筷) techniques.” She heard me munching, and conceded defeat.
“Seng3 Yong1 (thanks for giving me chance, 承让 )” I saluted her again, before going up to meet Black Don.

To be continued..

No comments: