Monday, October 13, 2008

detective story - part 5

Part 5 – Madamoiselle Marine

Sheung Wan is a nice suburb, not too bustling, and surrounded by hills and trees. The seaview is also quite nice. And the skyscrapers opposite make for a panoramic night view. Though the place cannot be compared to posh places like Mayfair, Holland road, Melbourne and Bangsar, but the atmosphere is warm and comfy with the likes of Birmingham/Steines, Bukit Batok/Ang Mo Kio, Adelaide and Teluk Pulai.

Taking the narrow flight of stairs up, I reached the door of Mdmsl Marine.
“Knock, knock”
“Lei kan(coming)….” A rough voice called out.
The door opened to a slim brunette, specky with freckles, in sleeveless shirt, and hot pants. Just my type. I would have devoured her right there and then, if I were not here for official business. The fact that she’s a lawyer also deterred my actions.

“Afternoon, hou2 mou1(how are you)?” I greeted.
“Hou2 lei1 sei2 yan3 tau3 (good your dead head)!” she cursed. “I’m in the middle of preparing for my bar exams, and what the hell do you think you’re doing? “
Before I can speak a word, she interrupted with her fiery lash again.
“Mister, you have the right to remain silent, but whatever you say will be used against you!”
That reminds me to consult my panel of legal advisors before meeting any lawyer next time.
“No, I didn’t do it. And even if I did, I wouldn’t do it that way, and put myself in the list of obvious suspects. I know all the loopholes in law, and a few judges too.”
Somehow, my mind ran a bit wild on some lewd thoughts of fat judges and her. Sigh, I don’t call myself hamsap for nothing.
“And if you have nothing else to add, buzz off”. Slam ! The door slammed at my face, followed by silent obscene Cantonese curses by me, sending regards to her ancestors.
I cant help but remember my 2nd ex, who’s forever busy. Bless her, wherever she may be, and all the best in her future.

Well, at least it gives me some time to go back and have a nap before meeting Mdm. Mireille for dinner tonight.

No comments: