Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Title

I chose this title cos it reminds me of the bamboo clump in front of my grandpa’s house. When I was small, grandpa and I use to sit under the bamboo grove, and watch life pass in front of us. Occasionally, some neighbours would walk up and chat with him, and I will just listen, though I dun understand what they’re talking about. Sometimes there’s a cool breeze, and the rustling of the leaves is the perfect lullaby in the world….

When he is in the mood, grandpa will put me on his old bike, and cycle me to the sundry shop for sweets. Whenever I ask him for coins, he’ll give me a handful, cos he said he was poor as a kid last time, and he wanted me to lead a better life than him.

I would like to share some of my ramblings in this space here, under the bamboo grove, which reminds me of childhood days, where life is always in the present, with no worries for the future, nor regrets of the past. Winks.

No comments: